Best Things First, some wonderful bloggers:
Eleven facts about me (spoiler alerts):
– In the third grade I broke a months-long silence (not speaking at all) to announce my school principal put my essay on the main bulletin board.
– I dropped out of high school to be a full-time mom, but returned to college twelve years later. I’m still working toward that degree :>
– Laughter through tears honestly is one of my favorite experiences. Sadness and tragedies happen; one simply doesn’t plan for them. But one doesn’t forget something naturally hilarious breaking through overwhelming grief.
– Beatles, Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, John Denver, Paul Simon songs (I admit it) or Big Band music (from way before my time) can lift me from the foulest mood.
– My mother would lock me out of the house during summer break or I’d hide away with a couple of books until I had to come out for food, water or the bathroom.
– I have lived in about thirty homes from the midwest, northwest, southwest and midsouth continental U.S. large cities, towns, and small hamlets including a summer in a rustic cabin in the sierra foothills and a year on a sailboat.
– Settling down on (a working ranch) self-supporting, acreage in a co-op community to raise organic, non-GMO food and raising livestock is my ideal home.
– Given a choice, I would live on home grown vegetables and fish year-around (I like canning home-grown food).
– While I adamantly avoid religious systems, Jesus is my all-time hero, favorite personality, favorite teacher and best friend.
– Long visits in large cities is exciting, informative and exhilarating, but given my choice I’d live in the country, not far from a coastline.
– Little else settles my nerves like relaxing on a catamaran within sight of land – now that I can’t afford personal injury from surfing.
1. What got you started with your blog? An friend, writer, journalist and mentor started it. A second dear, (older 🙂 ) friend also reminded me every time we talked the good blogging would do me. When a third friend refused to publish copy I wrote for her until I did, I got the point.
2. Please link to your favorite post you have written and why is it your favorite? I wrote it, let it ‘cure’ and when I came back, certain it would need editing, I liked it and posted it as is: Learning From Life – Extended Course
3. What is your favorite color? What day is it? What’s my mood? I lean toward jewel tones, accented with yellow and red.
4. If a movie were to be played about your life, who would play you? Ah! Meryl Streep.
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t traveled to yet? Where both sides of my family began in Cork County Ireland; Italy, all of it beginning at the Amalfi Coast, Greece, The wine regions of France. How much time do we have?
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child? The Littlest Angel, John Wayne movie late at night (I’d sneak about it), The Wizard of Oz
7. What is your favorite season and why? In Southeastern Washington, Autumn. In Chicagoland late spring
8. What is your astrological sign and do you feel it describes your personality? Gemini. People tell me yes, it does, but I don’t know.
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1? Not a printed list; it changes to often for me to keep up with. I’m leaning on travel; the New England Seaboard for a summer.
10. If you like to exercise what’s your favorite type of exercise? brisk walks/salt water swimming
11. What’s your dream job? Publishing Manager for Harper Collins, Random House or Navpress in that order 🙂
The Liebster Award Acceptance Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, by asking them 11 new questions or
6. …(or) answer the questions you were asked.
7. Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
8. And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
1. What got you started with your blog?
2. Please link to your favorite post you have written and why is it your favorite?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. If a movie were to be played about your life, who would play you?
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t traveled to yet?
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. What is your astrological sign and do you feel it describes your personality?
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1?
10. If you like to exercise what’s your favorite type of exercise?
11. What’s your dream job?
Thank you Caitlin!