Some more wonderful bloggers:
Eleven (more) things about me:
– Laughing (okay, giggling) at not-the-most-appropriate moments has embarrassed me more often than I want to say.
– Often better than human dialects, I speak fluent canid (large work breeds, wolf and coyote), several equine dialects and some avian dialects.
– Rocking an air guitar is my favorite gift – bring on the ZZ Top.
– My record for reading one book is 28 non-stop hours. What I can do with one hand in poor light impresses even me.
– Cleaning and repairing things around the house, yard and garage, for me is good therapy.
– Rebuilding the engine to repair a hairline crack in the head of my first car (myself) took me three weeks; a 1963 Chevy II, 230 cu.in., 3.8 L, I6, column shift.
– Hiking, backpacking and camping in the Angeles National Forest and Red Rock Canyon were our favorite activities while my boys were young.
– Friends used to bet on my accuracy with a long-distance rifle, and I can hit the broad side of a barn with a hand gun.
– While I spent months of accumulated hours sitting surfboards off the California coast, I actually rode the waves in a very few times – and will never forget them.
– The most thrilling experience of my life was when a whale “led us back to port”, breaching a couple of lengths ahead of us four or five times. I think of it every time I see the an ad for In the Heart of the Sea.
– Mining (opals) and panning for gold were also hobbies.
1. What got you started with your blog? Peer pressure.
2. Please link to your favorite post you have written and why is it your favorite? Today: Nature Walk – because it flowed so simply.
3. What is your favorite color? What day is it? What’s my mood? I lean toward jewel tones, accented with yellow and red.
4. If a movie were to be played about your life, who would play you? I had to ask around. The consensus leans toward Meryl Streep at any point in my adult life.
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t traveled to yet? Jamaica, Hawaii, Tahiti, Ireland, Italy, Greece…
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child? Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne (I named my first son Christopher), She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, On Borrowed Time
7. What is your favorite season and why? I thrive on variety, so I don’t have a favorite but the colors of Autumn in the northwest invigorate me.
8. What is your astrological sign and do you feel it describes your personality? Gemini. I don’t follow astrology.
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1? Aside from Random House soliciting me for my novel? Sail along the west coast from Alaska to Baja, Mexico.
10. If you like to exercise what’s your favorite type of exercise? After I get new shoulders I like boxing. For now I’m content to power walk.
11. What’s your dream job? A Travel Journalist or Publishing Manager for Harper Collins, Random House or Navpress in that order 🙂
The Liebster Award Acceptance Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, by asking them 11 new questions or
6. …(or) answer the questions you were asked.
7. Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
8. And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
1. What got you started with your blog?
2. Please link to your favorite post you have written and why is it your favorite?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. If a movie were to be played about your life, who would play you?
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t traveled to yet?
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. What is your astrological sign and do you feel it describes your personality?
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1?
10. If you like to exercise what’s your favorite type of exercise?
11. What’s your dream job?
Thank you, Joana!