Thank you, Shilpa at I Am A Blogger Too for nominating What’s Next for the
Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award rules are:
• Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
• Nominate 11 bloggers and ask your nominees eleven questions.
Charles French, Words Reading and Writing
Questions to Me:
How would you rate your level of positivity?
Joy is my motivation. It’s not conditional upon circumstances, so when I realize I’m not feeling it, I plug into Jesus and the Joy takes over!
What is your biggest achievement?
When I was too young, I survived raising four sons who were born within five years of each other. They grew into exceptional men despite us all.
What do you think is your biggest strength?
Also my greatest challenge: Obsessive-compulsive/perfectionistic tendencies. Like when I edit a simple, three-word sentence into a series of run-on paragraphs and then, days later cut it back to two words. 😀
Which books do you like to read?
Every year (at least) I read the C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia, The Complete Works of Jane Austen, The Practice of the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence, and Moby Dick, Herman Melville, to name a few.
What inner talent/skill did you not know that you actually had but came to know of it later?
Finding the slight imperfection in anything that actually makes it beautiful. Once an annoying fault, it now brings me humor and the ability to laugh at myself!
Which is your lucky number? “?”
How would you define happiness?
Completing an inspired thought the exact way it came to me – first draft and final copy.
How many places have you traveled to so far?
Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, India, Bali… Oh, you mean in reality? Continental U.S.A., Canada and Mexico – Yet!
Which is your favorite color?
This week I’m stuck on dark teal-blues. Ask me again tomorrow.
How would you rate your level of patience?
On a 0 – 10 scale; Generally 7.
Do you think you are a creative person?
Sometimes, but typically from prompts.
Which is your favorite vehicle?
This depends upon my present need and location. My dream car has been a 1969 Dodge Charger, White on white with read leather interior (Pegasus), but that’s symbolic. Ideally a 1944 Willys MB: 3 speed, (2 range transfer case) restored to mint condition, of course. But I’d be delighted with a Mini Cooper, 5-door :>
Eleven questions to Nominees:
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
2. What do you mostly read today?
3. If one word could describe you, what do you think it would be?
4. What makes your favorite character stand out to you?
5. If a story is difficult to understand, do you finish reading it?
6. What one person would you choose as a companion for a day?
7. What one literary character affected you most?
8. If you could pick where you would retire, where would it be today?
9. If you could choose one gift or talent for a lifetime, but only one, what would it be?
10. Stranded on a deserted island, what two non-electronic items do you want with you?
11. What is one target accomplishment for 2016?
Thank you, Shilpa!